A hotelier?s internet marketing resolutions for 2014
We are now just over a month into 2014, which means it?s time to sit down, get inspired, and reaffirm that you made the right New Year?s Resolutions for 2014. If you?re anything like me, you?ll likely edit the resolutions that you wrote last year and vow to really take them seriously this year. Yes, this is the year that you are going to eat healthy! In 2014, I challenge you to think outside of the box and make some promises that are going to better your hotel?s internet visibility! So, raise your right hand and read the Internet Marketing Resolutions for 2014 out loud.
- I promise to ensure that my annual marketing plan is customized to fit the unique goals of my hotel. There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all internet marketing strategy.
- I vow to evaluate my internet partner by answering the questions below, because internet marketing partners are not created equal.
- Are the services apples-to-apples when I?m evaluating two different potential partners?
- Do they build websites on a proprietary content management system or an open-source CMS?
- How is account management structured? Are there different levels of support for my hotel?
- Is your hotel?s go-to account manager just the face of the account or do they also execute your marketing initiatives such as SEO, rather than passing the work off to a separate SEO team?
- I promise that I will decrease my traditional marketing budget because traditional marketing is dying. I will increase my internet marketing budget from .05% to at least 3-20% of my internet revenue.
- I promise to adhere to a holistic, multi-channel internet marketing strategy rather than a single channel approach (i.e. just SEO) because multiple channels produce more effective results when working in tandem with one another.
- I vow to be patient with my internet marketing results. True high-performing multi-channel strategies cannot be executed at a push of a button by an automated system; rather they require attention-to-detail and continual maintenance.
- I vow that if I choose to seek outside assistance for my internet marketing needs, I will ensure that my internet partner functions as an extension of my hotel team in order to achieve the best results. It will be a true partnership, where both the hotel and internet marketing partner are active participants in the success of their campaign.
- I promise to commit to on-going hotel internet marketing efforts in order to be successful; my campaign will be regularly maintained due to the changing nature of internet marketing channels and competitors hungry for top visibility.
Click here to read more.